22 Oct One day trip to Gjirokastra and Blue Eye
- Our 5-hour tour begins when you are picked-up at your selected location. You will be transported in a comfortable vehicle to the hillside town of Gjirokastra, which is defined by its castle, cobbled narrow roads full of character, imposing slate roof houses and magnificent views over the Drina Valley. Dive in the amazing past of this great town and immerse yourself into the present.
We will have the chance to see walk the narrow cobble streets of the medieval bazaar and Ottoman-style houses where artisan women will be making doilies as well as carving wood and silver. Following this, we will have the unique experience of visiting the locals in their own homes and being treated with traditional, stone-ground coffee as well as “mountain tea”. We will continue our tour in other quarters of Gjirokastra, including a visit to the castle itself. We will then have the chance to taste regional food cooked by locals. Before we finish off our tour, we will visit the historic Skenduli House, built in 1700 (most likely being shown around by Mr Skenduli himself) and the Ethnographic Museum.
- After spending a couple of hours in Gjirokastra we will travel to the next destination the Blue Eye Spring, a water spring and natural phenomenon that features clear, blue water bubbling from the bottom of an immensely deep pool, this site was used as a relaxation spot for the elite. After some time, we head for the town of Saranda.
- Live commentary on board
- Pickup and drop-off from any location
- Transport by private and air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Snacks(in the form of different traditional Albanian pies)
- Drinks(traditional wine and raki)
- Local and professional guide
- Entrance fee to all the sites
What’s not included
- Gratuities (optional)
Joel Travel is a tourist guide company located in Saranda. With many years of experience and a professional staff, our company has achieved to be one of the main touristic guides in the South of Albania.
Dedicated to offer the best services for the tourist, we offer cultural guides, historical guides, transportation and many other services towards any client that want to visit the South Albania.